A ‘Black Maxi Skirt’ is a staple piece in every hijabi girl’s wardrobe but at times, we underestimate the versatility of this black beauty. When styled correctly, you could rock a black maxi skirt in every season and occasion. And what I love about Maxi Skirt is how beautifully it works its magic on all sizes and shapes.
Maxi skirt, as we all know, is hands down one of the most relaxed and forgiving items of clothing to wear. What’s so great about them – they can easily be transitioned from an office essential to casual funky college outfit, fancy evening wears to a cute brunch look. All it takes is a teensy bit of creativity to stand out among the rest. I have rocked my black maxi skirt on multiple occasions and you could too.
MODEST OFFICE WEAR: Maxi skirts are so comfortable and modest for the workplace, they are my go to clothing hack for lazy mornings. All I did for this outfit is tucked in a polka dot shirt, a print which for me shouts “OFFICE WEAR”. I finished my look with some brownish gold accessories – a long nude color cardigan instead of a blazer for a semi-formal look, a skinny belt and gold statement necklace to add some ZING.When dressing for the office, the one must have for me is Tote handbags – if you ask me, every girl should own them in black and brown.
- Neutrals are the best way to go when choosing for an interview, it gives a sophisticated lady look, but maybe adding an animal print is not everyone’s cup of tea.
- Corals and Mints are another way to flare up your outfits this summer and spring.
- Mix in the latest fad of flirty flared blouses to your daily outfits for a special shine. Oomph up your grey ensemble with a printed royal blue hijab.
- For a relaxed winter look, a plain white shirt is your best friend paired up with a long cardigan and a chunky statement necklace.
COMFY COLLEGE OUTFITS: One staple piece I always played with in my college time was the mighty black maxi skirt. From summers to winter all year round I just loved that flowy cozy feel it always gave me.
- Every girl loves those baggy-comfy hoodies and sporty sweatshirts particularly the ones from Victoria Secrets paired with converse or flats, they just make you feel so sassy and fabulous.
- Jazz up your printed sweaters and boots this winter with a modest maxi skirt. For this look, always ensure your maxi skirt is on point with your height, to show off your boots.
- Another popular street style fashion is to put together your fall inspired plaid or denim shirts with a skirt and sandals for a more boho kinda style.
TRENDY EVENING WEAR: Your black maxi skirt is can be your last minute life saver for either a Western or Eastern function. Black compliments all skin tones and the best part is it makes you look slimmer. Here are some fashion trends you definitely want to keep in mind when shopping for your Evening wear this year.
- Indian Traditional Wear: To bring your A game this wedding season, invest in a few heavy embellished drapes and tops. Sequences and embroidered tops when paired with black skirt gets entire focus looking absolutely adorable with the least amount of efforts.
- For an elegant look, put together a high waist ruffled skirt with a solid color full sleeve top and a heavy statement necklace.
- Fashion faithful flare tops make such a quintessential statement this season. They are great for hiding your tummy too.
- A fur jacket will add a lift to your entire wardrobe. Tuck in a black tank top to your skirt for a dress like appearance and layer it with a fur jacket for glamorous, glitzy graceful style.
Black maxi skirts – a fashion faithful of Hijabis, can easily be dressed up or dressed down. So stand out this year with this ideal staple piece. Check out my Polyvore profile to know details about each clothing item mentioned.
How do you girls style your maxi skirts do let me in comments below.