My fashion sense has always been something between two extremes – Glamorous Diva or Fashion Disaster. I don’t fall into the category of comfy casuals. Either I go all out with matching outfit, on fleek makeup and high heels or I became a raggedy monochrome disaster with panda eyes and slip ons. But I feel 2017 is the year of breaking the rules.
“I shall Slay thee with my closet.”
January always feels like the chance to start fresh. Insert FASHION RESOLUTIONs
1.Indulge in Solid Colours
Over the year, I’ve bulked up my wardrobe with quirky patterns & fusion of vibrant colours. Instead, I wanna go crazy on colours like blush pink, caramel & rusty green.
2.Buy fewer things of better quality.
I’m all up for investing in strong statement pieces like Trench Coats, Ankle Booties or Vintage Purse which can stand alone or with a killer outfit.
3.NO to the Lazy Baboon zone
In 2017, I’m letting the Lazy bird go. You never know who you bump into a random shopping trip to the mall. So, I challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone & messy PJs and improve my Fashion Game on a daily basis.
| Pants: Splash Fashion | Coat: Splash Fashion | Top: Iconic | Shoes: Vans | Rings: Lovisa | Hijab: Carrefour |
| Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Snapchat | Pinterest |
Hello Stylers <3
Recently I was up for a shopping spree but a budget friendly one (I deserve some brownie points for being super careful) on a HongKong based website called Jollychic – famous for the stunning red logo, seasonal offers & countless commercials on facebook. As I’m a planning an overseas trip soon, I thought of trying out some new affordable online stores to get my bags packing.
After constant back and forth of adding items to my wishlist from their fabulous clothing lines & huge accessories collection, I happily settled on some travelling essentials & wardrobe staples. Though, I’m quite sceptical about online shopping from international stores mainly because of the delivery time, Jollychic did surprise me in this very department (definitely in a good way) by their amazing association with local & foreign shipping & logistics companies.
The final order was placed on 18th Sept at Jollychic and the items were delivered at my doorstep via Aramex on 30th Sept.
So here is a quick fashion haul of what I picked up and if you are interested in giving Jollychic a try, use my special coupon code ” rthijabstyles “ for a 10% off on your order. Plus, you can avail, free express shipping on purchases worth 99$ and up.
Plus Size Black Patchwork Lace Top
One can never have too many black shirts precisely because you can always dress them up for an event or snuggle in them during office hours yet look presentable. The outfits you can recreate with this simple top brings in a whole other level of possibilities.
6 Pcs Classic Sterling Geometric Pattern Handbag Set
I’ve been wanting to invest in a good travelling combo and this one was a love at first sight sort of thing. Replicating the oh so famous Gucci pattern, I thought this particular combo was rather classy & super convenient for vacations with so many choices from a wallet to an oval bag, clutch and much more.
Grey Tassel Drop Women’s Handbag
When I added this particular dainty purse to my Jollychic cart, I’ll admit it was an impulse buy, mainly because of my huge fetish with tiny tassel bags & clutches. But this was beautiful little gem does compliment my recent ‘monochromic’ personality & oomphs up those boring rags I wear on my massive shopping fever days.
Love these items too? Get them here:
Well, that’s about it. Thanks for visiting my blog! Until next time…
Much Love, Rahma <3
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, however, the opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of JOLLYCHIC or any other company.
For those of you that don’t know, I finished my college last year and looking back on those three memorable years I remembered wanting to make a lasting impression and at times tried too hard in the initial days. Each year I got better with my outfits and by the time my college was done I selected the simplest ensembles with a slight edge to make it more interesting. Transitioning from an ‘all outfit matching’ girl to a ‘monochrome lover’, in terms of fashion I learnt way too many things in a span of three years.
We all girls get lazy at some point and my weakness was ironing my pashmina scarves ‘wrinkle free’ in mornings. My first and foremost advice would be to schedule your outfits for the entire week on Saturday evenings. Secondly instead of choosing 5 outfits, mix and match at least 6 in that way your most comfy outfit becomes your life saver on those lazy mornings.
Long tops & Jumpers are your best friends when you wake up late. From baseball Tees to Victoria Secret Sweatshirts you will have so much fun styling them with classic accessories, edgy shoes and the classic highschool backpacks.
2. Layered Outfits: Spring is the most beautiful among the lot, Jeans jackets & burgundy fennel shirts loud & clear are the perfect way to go for the Spring & fall season. Layers have the unique and one of a kind ability to expand your wardrobe and give you the option to wear your wardrobe favorites all year around.
3. Maxi Cardigans & Kimonos: Stores are packed with long maxi cardigans and as a Hijabi I’m thrilled. LONG cardigans from knee-lengths to floor-lengths are massive, chunky knits for winter to thin fabrics & lace kimonos are my ultimate fav for the summers, each one end up giving you an effortless sleek style.
4. Skirts: Maxi skirts are a hijabi’s best friend to be precise, these amazing creation not only lets you feel the most comfortable but ends up being your most cherished item in a wardrobe. An evening party looks to classic boho persona in minutes you can achieve them with this trendy wardrobe essential. My personal fav is pairing a maxi skirt with converse and jeans shirt, also, skirts make the perfect college presentation attire with a blazer.
5. Nothing can replace the versatility of a classic black maxi dress. But prints are so in this year and everyone is loving them. Plus the long kurta trend or the high slit long tops are going viral all around the globe, so why not incorporate the craze in your everyday college outfits.
6. Cute Dresses: The only dress you wanna wear this season at school is an Ariana Grande-style skater dress — and for good reason. It’s a super flattering style that will really never go out of style. A denim jacket is a back-to-school staple that will come in handy all semester. Being a hijabi pair your cute skater dress with leggings instead of stockings and accessorize with chunky necklaces and bags.
Picking out college outfits is such a dilemma for some and over the course of your college journey, your fashion style is bound to change. So stay stylish, sleek and simple.
Until next time, Toodles.
Much Love, Rahma
Disclaimer: All the outfits pictures are created via Polyvore by the author of RT Hijab Styles.