Another Weekend, Another Staycation! Why not play #TouristInMyCity Again?
If you love water adventures have a taste for navigating through different cities, Acacia Hotel, RAK is the place to go! This swanky new 4-star hotel under Bin Majid Resorts & Properties has the most amazing deals for a perfect weekend this summer. Our trip was in celebration of my brother’s 25th birthday, so taking pictures took a back seat (poor blogger me!).
Our stay was an all inclusive package, which I highly recommended because at the entrance we were greeted by a big envelope filled with different coupons & discounts.
1. All inclusive drinks: You can pamper your self and enjoy your entire time with a glass in one hand. From Hot Beverages (Coffee & Tea) to Cold Fizzy Drinks & various type of Alcohols, we had access to all 24/7. Pretty Cool!
2. Water adventures: With an all inclusive deal, you not only get to enjoy Acacia’s outdoor pool but also receive Beach access, Water slides & go Kakking coupons to use in Bin Majid’s Resort property – Beach Hotel, 10 minutes away from the hotel.
3. Sheesha fans: Acacia’s outdoor pool is the ideal perfect spot for you to soak up the sun, sip on the free amazing cocktails all day long & appreciate your holiday with a sheesha pipe. Though the setting is perfect for Sheesha lovers, unfortunately, only 3 flavors of Sheesha might annoy some (including, my brother!)
4. No Fights over Remote: I dunno about you, but I always end up fighting over TV in hotels (Ironically, I prefer laptops to watch stuff at home!) It was a nice surprise that our room had two set of TVs yet somewhat weird that we couldn’t find a flat Iron (That’s such a huge disappointment for someone like me, who is so particular about her perfectly ironed hijabs)
5: Affordable prices: A relatively new addition to RAK, the hotel offers super inexpensive all inclusive deals for adults & kids. You can find some great ones on Cobone or Groupon starting from only AED 250.
6. Free WiFi: What makes me furious is when luxury hotels for the sake for “Free WIFI” offer super crappy slow speed ones in return for your personal information (Emails & Mobile No, where they bombard you with useless deals over the next few months). Thankfully, Acacia (was different) facilitates decent WiFi speed without any privacy interruptions.
Any Drawbacks? All our meals were set at Al Nakhla Restaurant and honestly, the food was nothing to rave about or had anything new & exciting. Again, the pastry selection at Garden Brew Cafe was boring & similar to the desserts offered for lunch buffet at Al Nakhla. However, we did come across a promising Japenese Restaurant – Okura in the basement which we may try on our next visit. Plus, Hamra Mall is just 10 minutes away so food was not a major issue for us.